Using the MAR-ECO website, pupils from Ellon Academy have made poster which they presented to other pupils.
Pupil remit was to produce posters that would be of interest to our 11 to 18 year olds and
to raise awareness, tells their teacher Jenny Gallacher. Last year, another group of her students was tutored by the MAR-ECO scientist Nicola King. That was a success and inpsired for a follow up.
14 pupils took part in the project. Here's a list of the posters they made.
- The Giant Spider Crab (Macrocheira kaempferi)
- The Sei Whale
- The Tropical Sun Fish (Mola mola)
- Basking Shark (Sunfish)
- Ghost Catshark (Apristururs manis)
- Leafy Sea Dragons (Phycodurus eques)
- Clown fish
- The difference in the ecology